I have always been drawn to writing. I find it’s a way to express myself and to also discover myself. Sometimes I don;t recognise what comes out onto the paper when I write and that feeling liberating as well as exciting. I am committed to building a path as an Author Entrepreneur and there are two key areas I will be focusing on in the coming year:
- Learning about the craft– writing fictions and nonfiction, storytelling, structure, character development
- Learning about the entrepreneurship aspects- marketing, publishing, reaching your audience as well as self-development
To further help me in my goals for 2016 I have outlined 3 main questions I will be addressing:
Question #1: What are the core values that drive my life and work?
Growth (Learning, Adventure, Fun, Discovering, Habits)
- Am I learning new things and exploring new places?
- Am I questioning my limiting beliefs and trying to overcome them?
- Am I building habits that lead to continual improvement?
Self-Respect (Authenticity, Balance, Happiness, Humour, Love)
- Am I living a balanced life?
- Am I living authentically?
- Am I giving myself permission to be happy with where I am right now?
Resiliency (Strength, Preparedness, Toughness)
- Am I mentally and physically strong?
- Am I prepared for unexpected challenges?
- Am I actively working to overcome the challenges in my life?
Servant Leadership (Contribution, Dependability, Generosity, Meaningful work)
- Am I contributing to the world or just consuming it?
- Am I someone who can inspire others?
- Am I doing meaningful work?
Question #2: How am I living and working with integrity now?
Writers and procrastination can be terrible best friends, you know that friend you have so much fun with but know is NO good for? Well procrastination is a bit like that. So this year I aim to tackle procrastination by pre-crastinating i.e take action. This means I show commitment to my work everyday. I commit to turning up at my desk every day and producing out those words.
Question #3: How can I set a higher standard in the future?
- commitment to myself to turn up everyday and deliver on my writing
- learning something new everyday and being a source of information and inspiration to other authors
What values drive your writing and your life? What writing plans do you have for 2016?